Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shirt Off Your Back For Haiti


Hey all,

here's a project that I would love to see as many of you as possible involved in! I'm excited to announce that funds derived from this project will go towards helping Haiti. This is such an easy way to help. Donate clothing/household goods/anything you want to give...all donations will be tax deductible. I went through my closet at home, and it's amazing how many things we have extra just laying around. Why not donate them for a good cause?

This project has been launched by The Beehive, a new non-profit organization with the goal of reaching and helping others in need. They are opening a new store called "Thrift" here in Atlanta. Your items will be sold there, and the proceeds will go towards specific projects around Atlanta and around the world.

The first project is for Haiti. Proceeds will go to Haiti to help build 2 agricultural centers/schools where the Haitians can get an education and learn how to grow food to sustain themselves and live.

You can help by donating!! If you're interested please leave me a comment below, or e-mail me at chavianocouture@gmail.com with your information. I will send you info on the location of the store, or we can pick up your things also.

I have gotten involved with this project, and have pledged part of the proceeds from my gowns towards this cause. If you feel moved to give a monetary donation (tax-deductable) towards this project, please contact me.

Tell everyone you know about this project! Let's work together to help those who need it desperately.

Warmest,
Annette


No comments:

Post a Comment