Friday, April 24, 2009

The Anatomy of a Dress



Have you every wondered why wedding dresses don't look more like what celebrities are wearing to the Oscars or Emmy's? Why does it seem that when it comes to wedding gowns we are limited to mostly a strapless gown made of satin? I have come to the conclusion that there is not enough versatility in wedding gowns. If there are rules to what a gown should and shouldn't look like, I'd like to mix it up and say a bride can wear whatever she feels most beautiful and comfortable in. Each week I will be posting ideas of dresses I believe could be made into a wedding dress. It will be a mixture of non-wedding gowns mixed in with wedding dresses that are a bit more out there in style than the norm. I hope it can inspire and give ideas to what a gown can be. That is the whole idea behind Chaviano Bridal Couture, to inspire and create. This week I am focusing on the one-shoulder dress. I love this style and it is becoming more and more popular in the wedding business.




1 comment:

  1. I especially love the magenta dress on Ali Larter - would make a fabulous wedding gown...one I might have chosen :) loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete