Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks


I can't believe it's Thanksgiving tomorrow! This year has really flown by for me. I leave at 7 am from Atlanta with Jared to Kansas City, MO. That's where I grew up and my family lives. I can't wait! My parents came to United States almost 30 years ago form Cuba. And for those 29 yrs, we have celebrated Thanksgiving with Uncle Randy and Aunt Marty. They took my parents under their wing, and it has been a tradition ever since to celebrate together. We jokingly say that they are the Indians ( because they were from America) and my parents are the Pilgrims ( because they came over from Cuba on a boat) I can't wait to see them either. Aunt Marty makes all her Thanksgiving dishes from scratch, and they are fabulous!

It is a special time of year for me, and this year I have much to be thankful for. God has been good despite the trials. I am thankful for the amazing opportunities that have been given to me this year through Chaviano Couture. It has been a journey, and I continue to learn each day.I have met so many people that have encouraged me and been so very helpful. I am thankful for health, because I have seen many people who don't have good health, and I am so greatful for life. I am thankful for my parents, who have always been very supportive and encouraging to me. Jared, who has helped me so much with this business! Could not do it without his encouragement and expertise. Thankful to him for listening to my crazy ideas all the time.
Most of all thankful to God, who continues to pour blessings in amazing ways.

I look forward to this Thanksgiving with Thanks, and I hope you also have much to be thankful for this year. In difficult economic times, it is good to reflect and see what is truly important in our lives and say thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Annette Roxie



Here is a picture from Thanksgiving 2 years ago. We are definitely concentrating on the eating! We'll see what we look like tomorrow! Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment